MY MUJI HOLIDAY CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The My MUJI Holiday Gel Ink Pen Art Contest (“Contest”) begins on November 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM EST and ends on December 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM EST (“Promotion Period”). Public voting begins on December 18, 2020 at 12:00PM EST and ends on December 24, 2020 at 12:00PM EST (“Voting Period”).
The sponsor of this Contest is MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (as hereinbelow defined) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries of the Contest (“Entries”) and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsors may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States (excluding RESIDENTS of OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, PUERTO RICO and OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (“Entrant(s)”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (“Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: There will be a total of five (5) individual Winners (as herein below defined). Five (5) Winners will receive:
- One (1) Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser, Large Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $119.00
- One (1) Pure Essential Oil, French Lavender Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $13.50
- One (1) Pure Essential Oil, Rosemary Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $13.50
- One (1) Pure Essential Oil, Lemongrass Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $13.50
- One (1) Stainless Steel Heat & Cold Retaining Mug, 350mL Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $23.90
- One (1) Monthly Weekly Planner, B5 Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $14.90
- One (1) Smooth Writing Gel Ink Pen 10pcs, Black Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $12.90
- One (1) Bagasse Paper Table Top Calendar, Small Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $5.90
- One (1) Gel Ink Ballpoint Pen Set, 6 Colors 0.5mm Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $7.99
- One (1) 12 Colors Pen Set with Case Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $13.90
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by Winners. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal greater or lesser value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the ARV of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any prize items, including not limited to be lost or stolen. This Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. and properly claimed prize will be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must enter the Contest within the defined Promotion Period. Any Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be considered.
To enter, entrants must complete the following prompts:
- Draw what a MUJI Holiday looks like to you with any MUJI Gel Ink Pen.
- Take a clear photo of the drawing with the MUJI pen pictured.
- Upload the image in-feed on Instagram with the hashtag #MyMUJIHoliday and tag us @mujiusa.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The winners of the Contest (“Winners”) will be selected in a public poll from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The poll will be posted within forty-eight (48) hours of the end of the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final.
Entrants agree to have their artwork, submissions, and Instagram handle featured on MUJI’s official webpage through the Promotion Period and included in the public poll for Winner selection purposes.
Winners grant MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED unlimited usage rights for submitted artwork on official brand social channels, newsletters, and webpages through December 2020.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be notified by Instagram direct message approximately forty-eight (48) hours after the poll closes on December 24, 2020 at 12:00pm EST. If the potential Winners cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours from award the time award notification was sent or fails to send their information Sponsor needs for delivery the prize (i.e. Winner’s name, address, telephone number) within three (3) days from award the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winners’ failure to adequately monitor any email messages. No substitution or transfer or a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Entities (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; and (f) any injuries, losses, or damage(compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. In such an event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Any such changes will be announced and posted on Sponsor’s website. Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Contest.
The Official Rules shall be governed, construed and enforced pursuant the laws of the state of New York, without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED cc: MY MUJI HOLIDAY GEL INK PEN ART CONTEST at 250 W39TH STREET SUITE 202 NEW YORK, NY 10018.
10. SPONSOR: MUJI U.S.A. LIMITED, 250 W 39th Street Suite 202, New York, NY 10018